Saturday, May 21, 2011

Great Maggie Quotes(:

Not only do I not want to be stereotyped as this Asian girl who fights – gee, what a wonder – but also I have more to offer than that.
I’m just totally into being strong. There’s something about wanting to get a jar or whatever out of a high cupboard, or moving a sofa over because my dog’s bone rolled under it, and not having to call anyone for help. There’s comfort in that.

When you come to America, it’s a very serious thing. It’s not like you arrive and they say, “Hey, come on! Do movies!” I can’t just be hopping around. I have to focus and be still and make sure that I put the time and effort in. Because if I don’t, I could lose it like that.

I got smashed in the face with a piece of two-by-four, which left one side of my face completely black for two weeks. I’m also deaf in one ear where my eardrum was blown out in an explosive stunt.

I’m half Asian, so people immediately go, “Oh, you do kung fu,” like that’s what we do. We wake up, we do kung fu, we brush our teeth. It’s just assumed that you’re not working your ass off to make this believable and make this something great, and we absolutely are. All of us. I’m not a wushu champion.

I always play these tough roles. I never smile, I’m never sort of happy or laughing. Um, I just had a comedy that was released a couple weeks ago in the States as well, called Balls of Fury, and I looked at it and I wasn’t laughing in that either! I wasn’t smiling, I was tough in it.

All the loves in my life, my dogs are the greatest loves of my life. I mean, no man could ever compare to my dogs, unfortunately.

You’re so full of shit! (During an interview with George Lopez)

My name is Margaret Denise Quigley. I have the whitest name ever! Yet I’d walk into executive offices and they’d say “your English is so good” and I’m like “that’s a shocker.”

When I was living in Asia, they just couldn’t pronounce it (her surname). One day the biggest newspaper printed ‘Q’ and then everybody followed that and then I’d show up and they’d say that and I went “okay!” (On how she became Maggie Q)

I like to be challenged. I like people who do not believe in me. The more people doubt you, the bigger the surprise is going to be when they are proven wrong in the long run. I respond very well to such pressure.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm quite a new fan of Maggie Q from Asia.

    i'm not sure if you guys have seen one of her major films here in Asia, but here's a link I found for Naked Weapon:
    http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=L_0CQ7Kwpmg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I was on mobile when I commented that. Here's the link to Naked Weapon: http://youtu.be/L_0CQ7Kwpmg

    ReplyDelete