Saturday, May 28, 2011

IGN talks with Lyndsy Fonseca

IGN TV: Huge congratulations on the pickup. This was my favorite new network series this past season, so I was really excited to hear the news.

Lyndsy Fonseca:
Thank you! We have an effing blast. We love it, so I'm really happy we get a second opportunity.


- The CW
IGN: Are you shocked by how many twists and turns have already occurred on the show?

Fonseca: I love it. I think at the beginning of the season, the writers were kind of figuring out what works and what not, like any new show, and getting their footing. And by the end of the season, I just thought it was just really, really kick ass and I thought they did an incredible job. And I think this next season is going to be even better.

IGN: It seems like your character will have an entirely new dynamic next season, possibly working more closely with Amanda.
Fonseca: Yeah, we'll see! It will be interesting. I'm really excited for Alex to kind of be her own person, you know? She's really, really grown up a lot since the beginning of the season. So I think the writers are going to give me a lot to do and that's interesting. The never bore me, let's just say that!


- The CW
IGN: In the first half of the season, we wanted to see Nikita and Alex working together more directly. We got that for a while, but now you've been split off again!

Fonseca: I think with a show like this, with two strong female characters, it will go in cycles. We'll come together and then go apart - like any female relationship, right? [Laughs] But I love their bond and I think even if they were to be against each other, that bond that they have from their past will be so strong that they'll be nothing like it. So I'm not concerned. I think it'll be really fun to have a new dynamic.

IGN: How much has [showrunner] Craig Silverstein told you about next season? Has he given you any hints?

Fonseca: Maggie probably knows a lot more than me, but I prefer not to know. I like to stay in the dark. I could call him and be like, "Tell me, tell me!" And sometimes I have about certain things, to play it right, but I don't know… I prefer not knowing, because it makes me focus on one script at a time.

IGN: I have to tell you, I was sure that Nathan wasn't going to make it through the season alive. Think we might see him again?

Fonseca: Nathan's alive, so you never know! He could totally come back. And I'm also hoping Deveon Sawa comes back and I'm hoping Noah Bean comes back. I love them so much

No comments:

Post a Comment